Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week Four

So, this week was interesting, but in a good way.  God works in cool ways.

I started off this week sick (again).  This time, it was a nasty ear infection that knocked me down.  I mean, to the point that I could barely move my mouth to speak because of the pain.  So, through that, God took me on a little adventure.  I got to travel with Dr. Melba and the medical team to León to help them out at the medical clinic for a day.  And it was seriously a blast.  León is an extremely beautiful city, and she even drove us by a salt factory where salt, taken from the ocean, is basically turned into table salt for the country and to be exported.  It was seriously so cool.

So much has been on my heart this week.  God’s still got me learning about joy.  Joy and trust.  This week has been filled with learning about finding joy in the moment and in the little things.  Sometimes, it’s about the huge, grand moments, but a lot of times, I miss the little things.  I miss the sunsets God’s painted or the time to get to know the medical interns.  In all honesty, I caught myself dwelling on the fact that I wasn’t allowed to go to the dump earlier this week.  I was dwelling on all I would be missing when I wasn’t seeing the kids at the feeding center all week.  But God’s got plans, and they’re cool.  Instead, I got to go with Dr. Melba (as aforementioned) and be a part of a pretty darn cool day.  Never before had I seen any side of the medical ministry, and it was so fun to not only see all that Dr. Melba and her team do but also to simply have time to get to know the medical interns a little bit better.

God is seriously amazing.  That’s really all I have to say about this week.  It was the first week without a moment of stomach-turning homesickness.  It was a week filled with adventures to go swimming, to watch movies, to see mounds of salt the size of buildings, to help people find glasses, to love on kiddos, and honestly to take some time to just rest when I needed it.  God always knows what we need.

I really don’t have much to say about this week.  All I can say is that God is good.  He’s teaching me so much about finding my joy in Him and trusting Him with the present.  He’s teaching me that worry fixes literally nothing and that a goodbye hug from a Taellor’s House kid or a pretty sunset can mean just as much as getting a package from my mom or talking for hours with other interns.  I love how God works in all things, even what I may think are too small or are the littlest of moments.  He is at work here, and it’s absolutely amazing to see.  I cannot wait to see how He works in these next two months and after that.


Well, this was short and sweet this week, but I’ll definitely update if anything comes back to mind!  Pray for God to continue moving in the lives that we serve and in my life as I serve.  Pray for strength and that my ear infection would be completely healed.  Pray that I continue learning to find joy in Jesus and to trust Him.








I have zero apologies for all the sky pictures.  I am obsessed with the sky.  I LOVE how God paints the sky each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment